Re: [Xen-devel] linux/arch/xen/i386 or linux/arch/i386/xen

* Vincent Hanquez (vincent.hanquez@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 11:14:35AM -0700, Chris Wright wrote:
> > [snip]
>
> So let's recap:
>
> xen arch code in              arch/$(ARCH)/mach-xen/
> xen generic code in           drivers/xen/core/
> xen arch includes in          include/asm-$(ARCH)/mach-xen/
> xen generic includes in               include/asm-xen/
>
> Now for arch that don't use mach-XX syntax we can probably make a
> xen directory instead of a mach-xen directory, but I'ld rather go with
> something consistant.

yes, it needs to be consistant, partly just for ease of working with
kbuild (otherwise we rebuild an unnecessary infrastructure).  Andi, for
example, was open to the idea of adding sub-arch to x86_64 to support
xen.  He just hadn't needed sub-arch support yet.

> As well we can probably host a public tree in cambridge for anybody
> interested in the files reorganisation.
>
> Any others thought, comments ?

Do you have a list of more of the consolidation/cleanups like the
user_mode/user_mode_vm bits that you sent upstream?