Re: [Xen-devel] atropos again

  • To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Stephan Diestelhorst <sd386@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 13:42:35 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 05 May 2005 12:42:14 +0000

>>>BTW, Could anyone answer my question aobut the current status of Atropos
>>>scheduler I sent a couple of days ago
>>
>>I've ported the scheduler to the unstable tree, and it will hopefully
>>get checked in in the near future! (*prod*)
>

> The scheduler you mean is the atropos replacement you develop or just
> atropos? If it is the former, what is the name of the replacement? Can I
> just use "sched=<name>" as what I use for other scheduler to enable it?
> Sinced it has been ported to the unstable tree, can I assume the testing
> tree has been ported as well?

It is quite versatile, you can compile it so that it just does Atropos,
but it can do much more ;-) The current name for the thing is 'sedf'
which originated from Simple-EDF, but probably it's time now to call it
'Smart-EDF' or come up with a more reasonable name in general!

As it is not yet in the repositories you can't use it though...

ATM there is also a version for the testing tree, but as I said they are
not in the main repos yet.

Cheers,
   Stephan