Re: [Xen-API] Cleanly shutdown server

On Fri, 28 Nov 2014 16:18ÂOlivier Lambert <lambert.olivier@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If I'm right, you could do it by logging on the server (SSH or access
it directly), and type "halt". It should shutdown the VMs gracefully
then stop itself. You could also automate this stuff with a CRON job
in the XenServer, or also send the command with "xo-cli" ("xo-cli
host.stop id=<id of your host>") from any machine using Xen Orchestra.

I use xapi (hence posting here), does that still hold true with xapi?

I don't use XenOrchestra so xo-cli is not available. Is there an xe command or set of commands to do it?

--

Mark Benson