[Xen-API] Cleanly shutdown server

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Mark Benson <md.benson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 13:59:21 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 13:59:54 +0000

Hi,

Our Dev Server has to be shutdown every night (sadly not up for discussion) as it's in the main office. I can cleanly and easily do this from XenCenter without issues, but a few times now I've shutdown my PC before I remembered.

Is there a command or set of commands I can pass to cleanly shutdown the running VM(s) and halt the server once they are stopped? I would like to, if at all possible, assign it to the power button using the acpi tools.

--Â

Mark Benson