[Xen-API] Debian 7.7 xcp-xapi doesn't start on boot

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Mark Benson <md.benson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 11:31:28 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 11:15:00 +0000

Hi,Â

I dunno if this is the right list, I am looking for help wit ha problem deploying xcp-xapi on Debian 7.7.Â

Every reboot (the system is a development machine so isn't on 24/7) I keep getting an issue crop up where the xcp-xapi service won't start during boot. If I try to start it manually it sits for ages then returns an error on the terminal as per:

root@zaire:~$ service xcp-xapi start
The server failed to handle your request, due to an internal error. The given message may give details useful for debugging the problem.
message: missing table
<extra>: host
<extra>:
root@zaire:~$

If can fix it and get it top start by running:

root@zaire:~# dpkg-reconfigure xcp-squeezed
root@zaire:~# dpkg-reconfigure xcp-xapi

Then:

root@zaire:~# service xcp-xapi start

and it starts instantly.

XenCenter and OpenXenManager then connect immediately, VMs fire up and all is golden.

I'd like to solve this, I am currently testing this prior to deploying it to production, and if I'm offsite this is going to be a real pain in the event of a server reboot.

Thanks,

--Â

Mark Benson