Re: [Xen-API] VDI import/export with deltas

Hi,

I'm happy to see a prototype for import/export. It seems that this discussion
is generating a lot of traffic - do we plan to have some sort of design session
about it? I believe the storage team and the stackers would love to be involved
in these sessions.
We also had a discussion which might be releated:
https://lists.xenserver.org/sympa/arc/xs-devel/2013-08/thrd2.html#00059

I think the idea of a filesystem interface is very good, however given that the
filesystem must provide a consistent view and transactions, as other processes
might manipulate files (GC), I think for the moment, let's try to do a bit
narrower interface.

I also wanted to raise the content ID question - would be nice to generate a
content id during the export, and mark it as dirty whenever it has changed, so
that the client would know that she should not expect a consistent output.

Cheers,
Mate