Re: [Xen-API] Does xenserver-core change underlying Xen

Hi Qin,

> I just want to make sure that whether xenserver-core will change the
> underlying Xen? In other words, if I change the underlying xen and use a
> different xen.gz in the grub.lst, will it still work?

Currently it just installs whatever your distribution provides.   It does
not build a different Xen package.

> In addition to that, I noticed that xenserver-core used a new kernel
> modules vmlinuz.3.4.53-8.el6.centos.alt.x68_64 and
> initramfs-3.4.53-8.el6.centos.alt.x86_64. If I change the kernel modules,
> will it still work?

There's no fundamental reason why it should not work, but of course if you
disable a module that it happens to rely on then you will have problems.

Thanks,
Euan