Re: [Xen-API] Failed to Install Xenopsd

Hi Euan,

When I try to install openstack on top of xenserver-core, there is always an exception causing a new mail in /var/spool/mail/root. It says that there is no "/opt/xensource/bin/list_domains".

The whole message is as follows. How could I solve the problem?

From root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Tue Feb 11 14:36:01 2014
From: root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Cron Daemon)
To: root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Cron <root@centos-40> /root/consolelogrotate
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 14:36:01 -0500 (EST)

+ log_dir=/var/log/xen/guest
+ kb=1024
+ max_size_bytes=1048576
+ truncated_size_bytes=5120
+ list_domains=/opt/xensource/bin/list_domains
+ log_file_base=/var/log/xen/guest/console.
+ tmp_file_base=/var/log/xen/guest/tmp.console.
+ xenstore-write /local/logconsole/@ /var/log/xen/guest/console.%d
++ /opt/xensource/bin/list_domains
/root/consolelogrotate: line 30: /opt/xensource/bin/list_domains: No such file or directory
++ sed 's/|.*|.*$//g'
++ sed '/^id*/d'
++ xargs
+ domains=
+ rm -f '/var/log/xen/guest/console.*'
++ /opt/xensource/bin/list_domains
/root/consolelogrotate: line 43: /opt/xensource/bin/list_domains: No such file or directory
++ xargs
++ sed 's/|.*|.*$//g'
++ sed '/^id*/d'
+ domains=
+ rm -f '/var/log/xen/guest/tmp.console.*'

Thanks,
Qin

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 9:17 AM, Euan Harris <euan.harris@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 02:04:43PM +0000, Euan Harris wrote:
> You may have better luck with xenserver-core.  It's a development
> snapshot of XenServer, and should give you equivalent features to XCP.
> We currently test on CentOS 6.4 and Ubuntu Raring.

Just to clarify, building xenserver-core will download and compile the
core parts of the XenServer toolstack, including xensopd which you were
asking about.   Some other packages, such as the hypervisor, are drawn
from the elsewhere:  on Ubuntu they come from the base distribution; on
CentOS they come from the Xen4CentOS addon repository.    The configure.sh
script will configure Yum on your CentOS system to use this repository.

Thanks,
Euan