Re: [Xen-API] Building XAPI as a 32-bit binary

Hi,

[cross-posted to xs-devel]

On 10/02/14 18:27, Ranjeet R wrote:
Hello
I am trying to build a 32-bit XAPI in a CentOS 6.3 environment. However,
the xen rpms (like xen-devel) are only available as 64-bit binaries
(like _http://dev.centos.org/centos/6/xen-c6-RC1/x86_64/RPMS/_) and not
available in 32-bit because of which I am not able to compile the 32-bit
XAPI binaries. I can try to compile Xen 32-bit RPMs from the SRPMs but I
was wondering how a 32-bit RPMs are not available publicly given that
dom0 is a 32-bit.
Any pointers to building a 32-bit XAPI are really appreciated.

I assume you're interested in 32-bit because that's what currently shipping in XenServer -- is that correct? In that case I recommend trying to build xapi inside a XenServer "DDK VM": this should have all the necessary xen RPMs pre-installed.

If you base yourself on XenServer 6.2, then try building one of the xapi "clearwater" branches:

https://github.com/xapi-project/xen-api/tree/clearwater-sp1-lcm

Good luck!

Dave