[Xen-API] debug xen-api plugin

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Arvind Nagarajan <arnagara@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 14:23:47 -0800
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 22:23:56 +0000

Hi,

I have a startup script that does the following:
xe host-call-plugin host-uuid="$INSTALLATION_UUID" plugin="plug-in-name" fn="function"

The python plugin invokes a bunch of our internal commands which can throw success/error messages on the console. We would like to have view those messages in the console (instead of logging the messages into syslog/file) to debug this startup/boot issue.

The python plugin invoked as part of 'xe host-call-plugin' does not seem to turn on the stdout/stderr.
Using sys.stderr/sys.stdout in the python plugin does not display any message on the console.

How may I enable the stdout/stderr of the python plugin.
Any pointers will be helpful.

Thanks,
--Arvind