Re: [Xen-API] Centralizing XVA repository

  • To: Rushikesh Jadhav <2rushikeshj@xxxxxxxxx>, "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Alex Brett <Alex.Brett@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 15:25:20 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 15:45:43 +0000

Is there any reason you don't just use the built in template support - i.e.
import your XVA once and convert it to a template, which you can then clone VMs
from?

> Currently downloading xva on host and then giving import to local SR is
> manual, so is there a way to automate it with single api call ?

I'm not sure exactly what you're doing at the moment, but you can certainly do
a VM / template import as a single API call. The other thing to note is you can
use the 'xe' CLI off-host, and therefore just do an e.g. "xe -s <ip> -u root
-pw <password> vm-import filename=<file.xva>" from another host.

Kind Regards,
Alex Brett