Re: [Xen-API] pypxeboot (or similar) under XCP 1.6 - eliloader

  • To: Alexandre Kouznetsov <alk@xxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Joseph Hom <jhom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 13:51:07 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 13:51:21 +0000

Eliloader is located under /usr/bin, at least in XenServer, and is pretty easy
to read.

There is a function, switchBootloader, that does the switch from eliloader to
pygrub. I'm sure you can find an easy way for to bypass this function.

There is a section called: ##### DISTRO-SPECIFIC CODE

This will give you the pathing eliloader is expecting from the base url you
pass it. Also what the kernel/initrd names it's asking for.