Re: [Xen-API] pypxeboot (or similar) under XCP 1.6 - xenpvnetboot

Hi Alexandre,

Good spot. XenServer 6.x and XCP 1.6 all use Xen 4.1 so won't have this
feature. XenServer will be moving to Xen 4.3 soon. xenpvnetboot is a drop-in
replacement for pygrub so in theory when we get Xen 4.3 in XS you'll be able to
use the PV-bootloader and PV-bootloader-args VM params to use it as documented
on the wiki page but that'll probably require a couple of xapi hacks to make it
permit the alternative bootloader and ensure the PV-kernel etc. args are all
passed through to it properly.

FWIW you might even be able to manually drop the xenpvnetboot script onto a
XenServer or XCP system based on Xen 4.1 but that'll still need the above xapi
hacks.

Regards,
James