Re: [Xen-API] Please review: Xapi Project roadmap

Hi Mike,

I too wonder about it that what are the goods and bads to install Xenserver Hotfix & xapi-rpm on XCP1.6.
Is it safe ?
Is it legal ?
Is it on roadmap to merge the Xenserver XAPI and XCP XAPI ? ( & provide close source components in extra rpms )

http://downloads.xen.org/XCP/repo/xcp-1.6.10/  has not been update from long time so XCP users have no other option than to rely on Xenserver Hotfix.

It seems that the Xenserver has started to follow XCP rpm version numbers for hypervisor (...1.6.10...) & core components but is it planned to be kept always like this ?

The Xen source in XCP/Xenserver differs heavily from native source code, I think this is because to make xenops work correctly but can we progress towards removing the difference. Currently XAPI relies on Citrix xen & tools (e.g. SR scripts ) but can we plan to reinstate ( yum install xapi ) ?

Sorry but I have many question out of which above are few, If Ok with you then can we have a community discussion someday on IRC for roadmap? like #xentest ?

Thanks,
- Rushikesh

On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 5:09 AM, Dan Pollak <danpollak2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mike McClurg <mike.mcclurg@...> writes:

> Please take a look at this roadmap and provide comments. Thanks!
>
> Mike

Mike,

How about some of the hotfixes already available for XenServer? Are there
any plans to make them available for XCP 1.6?

Dan