Re: [Xen-API] Xen-api/Debian 7 - conversion and xs-tools

  • To: Paul Pridt <p.pridt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: John Jaser <john@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 17:15:26 -0400 (EDT)
  • Cc: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 17 May 2013 21:16:16 +0000

Doesn't appear to be a large community using xcp-xapi on Debian.  I am
struggling through it on a test system, and am using xm/xl toolstacks on
production systems.

For the console input issue, you can run vnc-viewer locally, or remotely with
port-forwarding.  A security feature does not allow remote vnc connections.
The abend issue was patched by Citrix, but the patch doesn't seem to have made
it into our distro.  The alternative is to use the GPLPV drivers instead, which
do work well.