Re: [Xen-API] XCP roadmap

The hard working team here in Xen-central in Cambridge would disagree with that J - take a look at the activity at https://github.com/xen-org/xen-api/commits/master , lots going on there.

> there is no information of "project windsor" yet

It’s coming J Still mostly in out-of-tree prototypes etc. Current focus for xapi etc. is stability, performance and base scalability improvements.

I’ll prod Mike to update http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/XCP_Roadmap  (BTW “First steps towards Dom0 disaggregation” is Windsor phase 1)

> when is the next XCP release planned?

Hopefully in the early part of the summer – it will be an interim release with the above mentioned improvements. Windsor “First steps towards Dom0 disaggregation”, Xen 4.3, Linux 3.x (3.10 maybe) will follow later.

> Can we get an alpha or beta version of the next XCP, preferably based on Xen 4.3, in advance of the next XenServer release?

Most likely yes (but in advance of the next _major_ XenServer release – wouldn’t want to preclude the possibility of other, smaller, XS releases happening before that). There are lots of process and tooling clean-ups going on here at the moment to make this sort of thing easier.

Cheers,

James