[Xen-API] Master Failed, VDI unavailable still RW

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: bearon@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 14:12:59 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 18:13:15 +0000

Hello,

I had a master of the pool fail.  I did the following on the slave in the pool,

xe pool-emergency-transition-to-master
xe pool-recover-slaves

xe host-list params=uuid,name-label,host-metrics-live

xe vm-reset-powerstate resident-on=UUID-OF-FAILED-MASTER --force --multiple

now when I try to start a VM on the old slave that is now the master, I get the following,

Error code: SR_BACKEND_FAILURE_46
Error parameters: , The VDI is not available [opterr=VDI b4354ed7-3042-4874-93b4-59a392c43027 already attached RW],

I'd tried everything I can find online to fix this, the only way I'd been able to fix the important VMs was to vdi-forget them, then relabel/readd them to the VMs and start.  That works, but is that REALLY the only way to fix this problem?

Also the VDIs were created shared, however, they are showing false under xe commands.

Any insight?