Re: [Xen-API] xcp-xapi on Ubuntu 13.04

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 3:02 AM, John Garbutt
<John.Garbutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Not sure of the state of xcp-xapi 13.04 on Ubuntu. Does anyone know if Xen
> 4.2 fixes got upstream?
>
> DevStack is only really recommended as a way for developers to get the
> latest code, and it is the script that is used to create the setup that
> gates code going into OpenStack trunk. I would certainly give the packages
> a try if you are looking for something more stable.

I am open to giving the stable packages a try. What I have at the
moment is a host running Ubuntu 13.04 + xcp-xapi. I need to be on
13.04 as I need some of the features from Xen 4.2 (mem_event). I am
now trying to create the OpenStack VM as described here:
http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/admin/content/introduction-to-xen.html#xenapi-install

Can I just bring up a Debian 7.0 PV instance and install the packages
described here?
http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/admin/content/installing-openstack-compute-on-debian.html

Will that give me the OpenStack VM?

PS: The other OpenStack pieces (glance, horizon) needed to connect to
the host and manage it have been setup by other members of my team.

> If you could modify the script, or run it yourself and get the output of
> kpartx, we should be able to help you debug the issues you are seeing. I
> am johnthetubaguy on IRC if you want to chat in real-time.

I think we can hold off on this if we can just go with the stable packages.

> John
>
> PS
> You may get more luck for help on openstack-dev

I have CCed openstack-dev

Thanks,
AP