[Xen-API] Serial ports on Xen Cloud Platform

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Daren Russell <darenr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 15:30:25 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 15:30:40 +0000

Hi

I've recently been testing XCP with FreeBSD as the guest OS's running
the XENHVM kernel.  So far I've not had any problems with anything I've
tried to do on them.

One of our systems we were hoping to transfer to a DomU runs Hylafax
with an old fashioned SupraExpress modem attached to the serial port.
The BSD guest shows the device node it would normally attach to, but I
get no response from it when running the Hylafax command to add a modem.

I was wondering if serial ports were actually supported on guests, and
what is needed to get them running?

Thanks and regards
Daren