Re: [Xen-API] xapi and xenopsd on CentOS 6.x

Hi,

James wrote:

> > For the xenopsd bit (a dependency for running xapi now) see my post on
> the "[Xen-API] running latest dev versions of xenopsd on Debian/Ubuntu"
> [1] thread - despite the title it was an attempt to run on CentOS 6 using the
> packages announced at FOSDEM. I believe most of the issues I hit in that
> attempt have since been fixed (at least in Dave's tree).
> >
> > I think Dave's also been working on xapi clean-ups since then so xapi may
> "just work" here.

It's getting there :-) but it's not quite finished. If you follow the wiki
build instructions for xenopsd they should work ok (otherwise let me know).
I've got a set of xapi patches in a branch:

https://github.com/djs55/xen-api/tree/upstream-packages

If you install a set of ocaml packages including

$ opam install stdext nbd tapctl libvhd xen-api-libs-transitional omake

And then run

$ ./configure
$ omake phase1
$ omake phase2
$ omake ocaml/xapi/xapi
$ omake ocaml/network/xcp-networkd

Then a xapi and xcp-networkd should spring forth. I still need to package this
up. I've almost certainly broken a couple of things so don't use these for
production. Off the top of my head I've definitely broken performance stats --
I need to make xenopsd expose data sources for each VM,VBD,VIF rather than have
xapi do it. Jon Ludlam reckons there's example code for exposing datasources
lying around somewhere which I should copy.

This is all a bit of a work-in-progress, so I'll try to send regular updates to
the list!

Cheers,
Dave