Re: [Xen-API] xapi and xenopsd on CentOS 6.x

  • To: John Garbutt <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: James Bulpin <James.Bulpin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 15:08:01 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 15:08:14 +0000

John Garbutt wrote:
> I noticed the cool FOSDEM announcement around Xen in CentOS 6.x.
>
> Just wondering about getting xapi running on top of that combo. Has
> anyone got any pointers on getting started?

For the xenopsd bit (a dependency for running xapi now) see my post on the
"[Xen-API] running latest dev versions of xenopsd on Debian/Ubuntu" [1] thread
- despite the title it was an attempt to run on CentOS 6 using the packages
announced at FOSDEM. I believe most of the issues I hit in that attempt have
since been fixed (at least in Dave's tree).

I think Dave's also been working on xapi clean-ups since then so xapi may "just
work" here.

Cheers,
James

[1] http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-api/2013-01/msg00114.html