[Xen-API] [XCP1.6]multiple VDI copy in xencenter / xapi

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: nelson chris <chrsnlsn1610@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 00:05:05 +0900
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 16:43:19 +0000

Hi,
I've been testing XCP 1.6 and found out it's impossible to copy a VDI with synchronous 2 xapi operations... I mean  I tried to call 2 VDI.copy() for a single vdi simultaneously. First copy op. succeeded but the second copy op. failed with the following error message: This operation cannot be performed because this VDI is in use by some other operation
But if I use asynchronous copy operations, the second copy doesn't fail but it seems waiting in the queue 'till the first copy finishes.. And it seems that it is also applied to Citrix XenServer 6.1. is it true?

In citrix xenserver 6.0.2 it is allowed to call 2 synchronous copy xapis for a single vdi. Is there any other way to use this method in xs 6.1 or XCP 1.6?

Thank you.