[Xen-API] Xen Document Day : Thank You & Stats

Hi everybody,

I wanted to thank everybody who partcipated in the docs day. Seems we have an issue getting the word out, that Xen Docs Days exist though. If you care about docs, please help promote through your social media and other channels. The next Docs Day is on Feb 25th.

We changed >11K words on the wiki in more than 126 changesets. Changes to xen.org static pages were made. More than 25 people participated on IRC, and we had vibrant discussions on how to change navigation, improve look and feel, make it easier to find things, to visually distinguish between Xen, XCP, etc. content, and many more. This meant, that I spent a lot of time at this document day adding notes and adding issues to the TODO list and investigated how we could fix some issues that were identified.

This led to new sections in the TODO list, e.g. Mediwiki Issues and XCP : Open work items. Also we had new contributors, in particular User:Double-p (who helped categorize many pages) and User:WeiLiu. This shows that adding the http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Document_Days/TODO#Easy_tasks_for_Beginners section to the TODO as came out of the last docs day, was the right thing to do.

For detailed acknowledgements, see http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Document_Days/Acknowledgements/Jan2013 - I was not aware of any docsday related patches. If I missed you, please add yourself to the Acknowledgements page.

Thank you again! And see you on Feb 25th.

Best Regards
Lars
P.S.: Feel free to continue contributing to the wiki