[Xen-API] No Keystrokes in XenCenter with HVM guests

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Joern Bredereck <jb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 23:03:09 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 22:03:24 +0000

Hi,

it looks like my problem is already known:

http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-api/2012-08/msg00055.html
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-api/2012-08/msg00055.html

I tried XCP on Ubuntu 12.04 and on Debian Wheezer. Both show the same problem:
Keyboard in the XenCenter console works fine with PV guests, but when
connecting to HVM guests the keyboard does not work at all.

The only workaround I found was to use a generic VNC client instead of
XenCenter.

Are there any other workarounds to make it work in XenCenter?

Regards,
Joern