Re: [Xen-API] xapi sources: Fighting for right commit

On 15/01/13 17:47, George Shuklin wrote:
Right now we facing a much more troubles with compilation. F.e.
type-conv now is type_conv, something strange happens with
rpclight->ocaml-rpc->rpc library and so on.

Yes, these are known problems. We're starting to work on getting xapi to build with opam. You may want to check out Dave's wiki post on building xenopsd: http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Building_Xenopsd

If someone show way to take generic distro, some repos all around the
world and make xapi rpm it whould be really gracious. Because I already
spend about four days fighting with ocaml, opam and libraries to get
stuff done... I still no success. I already plan set of features to
implement in XCP (for example, allow masks in ipv4_allowed/ipv6_allowed
fields), but really ashamed I can't say our software engineers how to
compile existing code.

Fixing this kind of stuff has been my new year's resolution, but I haven't had time to start work on it just yet. There are a bunch of other people in the office who feel the same way (especially Dave Scott, Jon Ludlam and James Bulpin), so I have a feeling things will get easier pretty soon.

Are you on #xen-api on Freenode? If you've got questions about ocaml or xapi, feel free to ask them there. There are usually a few xapi devs in there during UK business hours.

Mike