Re: [Xen-API] [Xen-users] Installing XCP from USB thumb

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: cyberhawk001@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 00:06:40 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 04:07:08 +0000

On 6/25/2012 9:44 PM, ray@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I am sorry for being so dense, but I can't tell what is happening.

This is building a thumbdrive installation by using a Linux system to
construct the contents for the thumb drive?

The ISO is openned with 7-zip and three files are copied o the root of
the thumb drive.  What was it that YUMI put on the thumbdrive?

Can something similar be done from a Windows 7 system?

As for putting Windows 7 on a USB stick is very easy and simple. I have already done that a while ago and have used it several times. For that, all you have to do is download a program called WinToFlash, which you can just download the latest from here http://wintoflash.com/home/en/ and extract the program. Granted, that program only works on Windows BUT it is also in a portable state, meaning it doesn't need to be installed on a windows, just extracted and run.

ray

  Message: 16