Re: [Xen-API] [Xen-users] Installing XCP from USB thumb drive

Here's how we did it (from my engineer):

What we did to get XCP install from a USB stick.
Step #1)  Download all the things
YUMI. (I used 0.0.5.8 but any version should work) -
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/yumi-multiboot-usb-creator/
XCP install ISO - http://www.xen.org/download/xcp/index.html
Step #2) Plug in your USB stick (the rest assumes the drive is assigned a
letter of D:)
Step #3a) Run YUMI
Step #3b) Agree to the license Agreement
Step #3c)  Select D: for YUMI Step 1
Step #3d) Select the option “Try an Unlisted ISO” for YUMI Step 2
Step #3e) Browse to the downloaded XCP ISO from step 1 and select it for YUMI
Step 3
Step #3f)  Mash create and wait.

At this point it is going to bloat things a little by having the full iso on
the USB stuck but who cares right?

Step #4)  Open the ISO downloaded in Step 1 using your favorite archive
program. (I use 7-zip) Copy the folders packages.main and packages.transfer-vm
to the root of d:\ and finally copy the file XS-REPOSITORY-LIST to the root of
D:\

Step #5)  PROFIT?