Re: [Xen-API] [XCP] CVE-2012-0217 - PV privilege escalation and XCP 1.1

Hi,

As far as I know, the main problems are: (1) the packages conflict (as you noticed); and (2) any separate modules compiled against the XS kernel probably need to be recompiled too.

Fundamentally the source of the XS and XCP RPMs should be (almost) identical. The license of all the xen packages (XS and XCP) and kernel packages (XS and XCP) should all be GPL, so you may redistribute them freely. If the RPMs work for you then it would be a really great if you could put them on the wiki somewhere for others.

Weâre hoping to unify the RPM packaging for as many XS and XCP components as possible so itâll be possible to use them interchangeably in future.

Thanks,

Dave