Re: [Xen-API] Requesting multiple consoles through XAPI

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 06:59:43PM +0100, Jorgen Evens wrote:
>    Hello,

Hello,

>    We would like to be able to connect to a virtual machine console through
>    XAPI from multiple computers at once.
>    Currently when a connection is already open and we try to open another one
>    on a different computer we only get the HTTP/1.1 200 OK headers from XAPI,
>    but no VNC data is received.
>    The second connections stays open until we close it manually.
>    We are trying to do this on Kronos.

My *guess* would be the Xen packages in Debian/Ubuntu are using the
standard Xen qemu-dm, which is based on old version of Qemu,
which does NOT have support for multiple connections to the VNC console.

XenServer/XCP have extra patches in Xen qemu-dm (backported from newer upstream
Qemu)
that allow multiple connection to the VNC console.

-- Pasi