Re: [Xen-API] Announcing XenMaster

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 8:34 AM, Wannes De Smet <wannes321@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 12 Feb 2012, at 13:36, msgbox450@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> This looks nice although I am not really sure I understand the angle you're
> coming from here...
>
> You're announcing a GUI, but the site is just a wiki with text and a bit of
> bashing vmware and windows but no screenshots of nice GUI designs or
> explanations of how yours will be better…

I would concur here, at least post some screen shots and list the
current capabilities so that
we might know if its even worth the trouble of tackling an
installation. especially since it is
built on java, which i also agree with others, why java..... but ill
leave that to the developers
at a minimum you should post some screenies and a table of what works
and what doesnt.
I would be inclined to do some testing it it were somewhat function,
in the meantime, ill still
to cloudstack.... lately its become quite solid and capable..... and
they do a great job showing
whats functional, displaying the ui components in screeshots, and
great support in IRC.

> I should've noted that this was merely an announcement to let everyone know
> we're alive and to give it a shot, we're not even close to a 1.0 release.
> However your point is valid and we've added it on our TODO list.
>
> In my view, XAPI already has a decent Windows GUI in the form of XenCenter,
> the bit we're missing is a really good cross-platform and fully open gui
> base. Java isn't a great choice for that due to the anti-java feelings
> around the community and GPL is also not a great choice given its viral
> nature.

as for the License well.... BSD all the way for me....