Re: [Xen-API] XCP 1.1 DDK for OVS Build

Great news on the 1.5 beta!

I was able to hobble together an XCP 1.1 DDK VM based on the 5.6 SP2 DDK VM image. Updating that VM to use the XCP 1.1 kernel wasn't too difficult and once I got that completed recompiling OVS was easy. What was worse was finding out that you guys bundled the OVS kernel module into the kernel RPM itself. So to get OVS 1.3 installed I had to rip out the OVS code from the XCP 1.1 kernel. The nice thing is that I now have an XCP 1.1 DDK VM that can be used to update the kernel, drivers, etc. And I also have the ability to easily update OVS if needed, now that it's kernel module component is built as a separate RPM.

If anyone else wants to run newer OVS code shoot me an email I'm happy to share the path I used, or RPMs themselves.

So far everything seems to be working great with XCP 1.1 and OVS 1.3.

Kevin