[Xen-API] VM_IMPORT_FAILED

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: ka <ka@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 20:49:47 +0400
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 16:49:12 +0000

Hello.

I use ZFS-based NFS storage for xen.

I am trying to get safe backup throuhg Xen API with following algorithm:
Before create ZFS snapshot I create XEN VM snapshot, export VM metadata and do ZFS snapshot.

After this I delete snapshot and its VDI.

But when I try to revert VM, I have strange behavior of VM.revert operation.

I rollback my ZFS storage, unregister VM, import VM metadata, rescan SR and try to call VM.revert function. Its return VM_REVERT_FAILED message.

*The strangeness of the fact that when I ignore VM_REVERT_FAILED exception and try to repeat VM.revert call - it works fine.* I mean that second call of VM.revert works without error (There is no pause between them).

xensource.log attached.

Any idea?

--
Many thanks in advance.