[Xen-API] Fwd: Question about CrossPoolMigration-v3

I forgot to add the mailing list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ruijin Zhou <zhouruijin2010@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 5:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Xen-API] Question about CrossPoolMigration-v3
To: Dave Scott <Dave.Scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Thank you for the information.

I have implemented a new command (storage_migrate) in tap-ctl before.
And that command can call the image copy function I wrote in
blktap2/drivers. However, I don't know how to translate the dom_id
into tap_id or pid. I read through the blktap2, but I cannot find a
function to do that. That is why I am thinking maybe I need the
dom_info from libxl.

In my understanding, the tapdisk does not have any information about
the domains. Thus, if we want to use command like tap-ctl
storage_migrate -v dom_id -n /new/path/to/storage, I think we have to
bother the libxl.

BTW, I found that when I do xl list -l. I can see the dom_id for tap
device is always 0. I don't know why.

Would you please share you opinion? I would appreciate that.

Thank you very much.

Best,
Ruijin

--