Re: [Xen-API] Configuration options from the hypervisor?

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: George Shuklin <george.shuklin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 00:40:39 +0300
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 13:46:29 -0800

Fist: hypervisor don't know what is 'virtual machine'. It have no any
knowledge about disks, networks, OS'es, etc.

All it know is about _DOMAINS_. What difference between domain and VM?

If VM rebooted - it's new domain. If VM migrated - it's new domain. So,
if you are talking about VM you must talk not about hypervisor, but a
'domain builder'. Look at it code and see if you understand what's
happens. I really do not, it's mystic ocaml and moonspeak  everywhere.

If you do really wish to do some patches to hypervisor, you can f.e. add
you own hypercall. But xen code (compare to userspace one) is much more
complicated and operate in different to userspace terms.

Ð ÐÑÑ, 16/11/2010 Ð 13:23 -0500, Cutter 409 ÐÐÑÐÑ: