Re: [Xen-API] Configuration options from the hypervisor?

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Cutter 409 <cutter409@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 10:30:48 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 07:30:57 -0800

Thanks, but I'm actually referring to per VM configuration data. I'm trying to get some custom configuration strings passed to the hypervisor when a VM starts.

I was hoping that somehow I could read the other_config section from the hypervisor, but maybe it's only possible to pass data after starting the guest with an event channel?

-Stephen

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 3:00 AM, Magnus Therning <magnus.therning@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 09:33:26PM +0000, Cutter 409 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to pass configuration options to the hypervisor.
>
> It seems like each VM has an "other_config" section that I should be able to
> add options to, but I can't seem to figure out how to read them from the
> hypervisor.
> In userland I can set the options using " session.xenapi.VM.add_to_
> other_config(  ) " (In Python) but is there any way to retreive it from the
> hypervisor?
>
> If not, is there another mechanism where I can store additional
> configuration data?

Arguments for the hypervisor are passed by the boot loader.  Take a look at
/boot/extlinux.conf.

Cheers,

Magnus Therning
magnus.therning@xxxxxxxxxxxxx          Jabber: magnusth@eng

There does not now, nor will there ever, exist a programming language
in which it is the least bit hard to write bad programs.
    -- Flon's Axiom

Perl is another example of filling a tiny, short-term need, and then
being a real problem in the longer term.
    -- Alan Kay