Re: [Xen-API]how to create template from scrach

Templates and VMs are actually the same records, except that templates have the
'is-a-template' parameter set to true. They were originally treated differently
to help ensure that templates are 'gold images' (by never letting them be
started accidentally, and only cloned).  You should be able to switch between
them by toggling the is-a-template parameter from XE or the API directly.

Because they are the same record type, you don't need a template-import; you
can just import the result of template-export as a VM and it'll show up in your
template list since the is-a-template flag will have been preserved in the
output.  I've not actually tried this recently as I dont have an XCP install
handy, so do confirm it yourself...

-anil