[Xen-API]how to create template from scrach

I'm looking at xe template command set. There is not template-create
command or template-copy command. seems the only way to create a new
template is to convert a vm to template, IMO, that's not convenient. At
least, I'm happy to have template-copy command.

And I noticed there is template-export command but there is not
template-import command, so I don't understand what template-export is
used for?

Please enlighten me!

Thanks,
Anthony