Re: [Xen-API] Xen-API Kickoff Meeting

Hi,

I'm looking into xen api code these days and actually
did small bugfixes mostly for xm-on-xenapi part.
Below is a 'TODO' list I personally gathered so far
from the spec, the souce code and testing.
Though I won't participate in the meeting,
I'd be glad if you find it useful for the discussion.

*** Virtual framebuffer support
    There is no way to set up vfb for pv domains.

*** PCI device passthrough support
    There is 'PCI_bus' parameter in VM class to set up
    PCI device assignment, but it doesn't work now.
    Also it would be desireble to make it possible
    that remote client retrieves physical PCI device
    information and assign one to a VM.
    (I'm now planning to develop this feature first.)

*   VM configuration
    We cannot configure 'cpus', 'boot', 'kermaps', 'usb'
    or 'usbdevice' (or maybe more parameters) through
    xen api.

*   VIF configuration
    We cannot configure 'model', 'accel', 'rate', 'ip'
    or 'script' through xen api.

There are more things that is to be completed or to be
added, of course.

Thanks,
Yosuke Iwamatsu
        NEC Corporation

Stephen Spector wrote:
Yes, this is an open community project and I want to invite all people
that want to assist.