[Xen-API] Comments on VM and host classes

  • To: xen-api <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Jim Fehlig <jfehlig@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 16:53:49 -0600
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 15:54:27 -0700

The VM class has a boot_method field of type boot_type, which includes the value kernel_internal. I'm assuming kernel_internal can be used to support bootloaders such as domUloader. There doesn't appear to be a way to specify which disk to find the internal kernel though. E.g. I give the VM multiple disks (or a single disk with multiple partitions), how would I indicate that the "internal" kernel can be found on /dev/hdb or /dev/hda2, etc?

Should host class contain fields related to memory, e..g amount of host memory, amount consumed by VMs, max amount available for new VMs?

Regards,
Jim