Goodbye to our Xen Project Colo

Hi all,

A while back, the Xen Project was notified by the data centre facility hosting the physical hardware for OSSTest and some of the GitLab runners, were due to be shut down.

Since then we have had extensive discussions and explored multiple options to mitigate the impact of this on our project.

At the end of July, we sent out a communication explaining our decision to best focus our efforts on GitLab, which offers a more modern and sustainable infrastructure.  As we prepare to leave the colo by the end of the month, the remainder servers we are saving will be shipped to AMD to help host our future Xen Project operations.

These are listed below:
  • 1x Zen3: verdesse 1U AMD EPYC 7543P 32-Core Milan (Zen 3) 2021
  • 1x ThunderX: rochester 1U Cavium ThunderX-88XX ARMv8.1 2014
  • 1x Zen3: verdesse 1U AMD EPYC 7543P 32-Core Milan (Zen 3) 2021
  • 1x ThunderX: rochester 1U Cavium ThunderX-88XX ARMv8.1 2014
  • 1x serial port concentrator
  • 1x PDU
  • 2x Zen2 espadeiro: espadeiro 1U AMD EPYC 7502P 32-Core Rome (Zen 2) 2019
  • 2x Zen2 rubintos: rubintos 2U AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Matisse (Zen 2) 2019
As we say goodbye to our colo, I'd like to reiterate that OSSTest has been instrumental to the Xen Project for many years, and we'd like to extend our gratitude to everyone who has contributed.

Thank you again to our community for your continued support

Kelly Choi
Community Manager