Re: Installing WinPV drivers on Windows 2019

On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 4:21 PM Håkon Alstadheim
<hakon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Den 09.06.2020 04:39, skrev Steffan Cline:
My experience has shown that once the drivers are installed, you cannot upgrade them. I’ve tried so many different ways
with versions back to 8.0, I think, and it always ends up forcing me to rebuild the MBR and all kids of other things in Windows
I never wanted to learn. Even then there’s only a 20% chance I can make it work. I’ve just come to know that once
they’re installed, that’s it. Need new drivers, do a fresh build. Paul copied someone else from this list but I
don’t think I ever saw a response. I’ll have to search all my older emails.
My experience with 8.* was upgrading was doable. Have not been able to
upgrade to 9.0.0 (windows can't find boot drive). Tried the development
build on a throw-away-copy of my main windows VM, and (with test-signing
enabled) it runs. Did not run any tests or look closely at anything,
since I don't want to run with test-signing. Eagerly awaiting 9.1 :-) .