Re: [win-pv-devel] v9.0.0 released

Den 09.12.2019 22:20, skrev Steffan Cline:
Does anyone have a specific config file they'd like to share that performs well
with these newest drivers?

On my Win 2016 Server, I removed the 8.2 drivers, rebooted, installed these and
rebooted. It's been loading for about 30 minutes with the spinning dots
non-stop.

Same here. Restored disk image from backup and tried again, and got same second time. Left it for a day, still spinning. After destroying it, at some point  I got "Can not access boot device" in the middle of that pale blue screen. Trying to roll back using recovery point fails. (That is the extent of the error message, just restore failed) . It /does/ show me the possible points I can revert to though, so it looks like it is working until it doesen't. For the record I also uninstalled old drivers first. First time around I also removed the Spice-thingy, leaving only Qemu. Second time around I left both the Qemu and Spice stuff in.

Going back to that image is rather painful, as the disk image takes forever to copy to a new partition, and the backup I have is several windows-updates old, and insist on running a backup first thing when it gets moving :-/ .

Did a chkdsk from the installation-iso (which boots nicely with the same config, except for "boot='dc'"). Found some minor nits w\chkdsk. Am now trying to boot into safemode minimal. Not even a spinner showing, "Times" column in the "xl list" display increases by about 0.4 every second, so it is doing /something/ ...