Re: [win-pv-devel] 8.2.0-rc1 has been tagged

Hello.

On Fri, 9 Dec 2016, Paul Durrant wrote:
The master branches will shortly have their version info changed to 9.0.0. The reason for bumping the major version is that I intend to move to the new VS2015/WDK10 tool-chain and, to make use of newer versions of APIs (e.g storport and NDIS) I want to make Windows 8 the oldest OS version supported by the drivers going forward. I will be pushing patches to add the VS2015 scripts and update the version information in the next few days.

Is this also official statement for Citrix XenServer support for Win7/Win2008R2
?

Please do not drop support to Win7/Win2008R2 until >=2020.
(WDK10+VS2015 is compatible with Win7/Win2008R2).

Thanks, Martin Cerveny

 Cheers,

   Paul