Re: [win-pv-devel] [Xen-users] GPLPV defunct?

Adding the win-pv-devel@ list, which should have happened earlier
For reference the thread started at
https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-users/2016-07/msg00092.html

> On 22 Jul 2016, at 06:49, Fajar A. Nugraha <list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 11:57 PM, Lars Kurth <lars.kurth.xen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> And in fact so does KVM: for KVM RedHat signs the Fedora drivers and KVM
>> recommends that all projects which cannot sign drivers use the Fedora ones.
>> That is not really different to using the Citrix ones.
>

> Stephen Oberholtzer wrote:
> "
> Citrix XenServer has signed drivers, but they only work with XenServer.
> "
>
> Is that the case, or are they actually usable on any xen implementation?
>
> If they ARE usable, then it might be helpful to make that fact well
> known, since at least some users percieve it differently. In this case
> xen is pretty much similar to kvm w.r.t. driver signing situation.

They are usable as far as I know. They are built from
http://www.xenproject.org/developers/teams/windows-pv-drivers.html
Aka the Windowa PV Drivers on Xen Project are the upstream of the XenServer
drivers

There is now also a Xen Project signed version of the drivers via
http://www.xenproject.org/downloads/windows-pv-drivers/winpv-drivers-81.html

http://www.xenproject.org/downloads/windows-pv-drivers is where drivers (and
security updates) will be published in future, and I added a link to the
downloads from http://www.xenproject.org/developers/teams/hypervisor.html under
"WINDOWS PV DRIVERS DOWNLOADS"

Also see
https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/win-pv-devel/2016-07/msg00054.html