Re: [win-pv-devel] Xen windows PV driver questions

XenServer has a 'guest agent' running in each VM to provide metrics, control
certain features, etc. That agent is XenServer specific. There is also another
agent installed alongside the XENIFACE driver which is not specific to
XenServer branded builds. This agent is there to handle shutdown requests
(which can only be initiated from user space in Windows) and to reset the VM
time when coming back from suspend (otherwise the RTC will drift).

> Vmware has
> a lot of user mode service to improve the windows experience.
> May I know how Amazon and Invisible things labs co-work with you on this
> project? Do we have discussion meeting? Huawei would like build the same
> relationship with your team on this project as Amazon and Invisible things lab
> did.

The project is not big enough to warrant a regular 'phone call so discussions
are via email to the win-pv-devel list. Contributions should be made using the
same model as contributions to the hypervisor (i.e. git format-patch... git
send-email).
Do you have any particular projects in mind that you would like to work on?

Cheers,

    Paul