[win-pv-devel] Xen windows PV driver questions

Hello Paul

This is Wayne Gao from Huawei. Nice to talk with you. I have couples of technical questions regarding with Xen windows PV drivers.
Could you please take a time to help? Really appreciate your help!~

  1. May I know if the latest windows PV open source code can pass the WHCK tests very stable and get driver signed?
  2. From the home page, I see there is a plan to join in windows update. May I know how this is going on? Any plan to make it happen. Another approach is that Microsoft allow semiconductor company deliver inbox driver. Do we have this plan?
  3. I saw in current win PV driver, we add one new driver xencrsh.sys to complete the dump. But windows actually has the function just reuse the original storport miniport driver to complete the dump. Microsoft sample storachi driver did this way too. May I know what is special reason that we choose add new driver?
  4. I saw there is one storage filter driver that is above the storport. Microsoft WHCK document used to mention MS do not like any filter above storport. May I know what is special reason that we choose add filter drivers into the architecture?

Currently, we saw all developers are from Citrix. May I know if Huawei can contribute on this project too?

Thank you so much again for your help!~