Re: [win-pv-devel] [Xen-devel] PVL XenNet inf

De-htmling... Please send emails in plain text.

---
From: Dominic Russell [mailto:dominic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 10 May 2016 20:35
To: Paul Durrant
Cc: win-pv-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [win-pv-devel] [Xen-devel] PVL XenNet inf

Hello,
For the device IDs, it is only by modifying the IDs in the inf file that
Windows was assigning the xennet drivers to the network card automatically,
otherwise they have to be assigned manually.
---

As I tried to explain. The PDO to which you are trying to attach XENNET is the
wrong one. By modifying the IDs in the INF file you may be able to get the
driver to bind, but there's no way it's going to function. The PDO you are
looking at (XENBUS\VEN_XP0001&DEV_VIF&REV_08000009) is the one that the XENVIF
driver should bind to. It will then create PDOs of the form
XENVIF\VEN_XP0001&DEV_NET&REV_08000009 whicn XENNET will then bind to.

----
I did clean the GPLPV drivers, but the xenpci is hard to remove, because
Windows treats it as a critical, boot needed, driver, so not all the keys are
accessible to be deleted in the registry.
The new xenbus driver is active, and xenpci does not appear in the files list
of the loaded files in the driver of the peripherals (at first, I was not
cleaning properly xenpci, and it was appearing as a loaded file for the xenbus
and xennet drivers).  To be sure, I deleted the xenpci.sys and rebooted, it
rebooted properly, otherwise it would give a blue screen with error 7B.
On the virtual computer, every new drivers are loaded, not reporting errors
except for xennet, that returns an error 10.  I discovered in Windows logs a
generic error (but not tagged as an error) which mentions PnpDeviceProblemCode,
which by googling did not reveal much.
----

Is XENVIF loaded and functioning? Do you have a log from QEMU?

  Paul