[win-pv-devel] OpenXT, Windows 10 guest and Windbg question

I am new to the list, but have been doing Windows Xen PV driver development for
quite some time. I am trying to use a Windows 10 x64 guest to develop a new
driver and am having problems connecting Windbg. BTW, I am working on OpenXT.

This is what I've done so far:

- Disabled SELinux
- Disabled stub domains (to allow the guest to indirectly connect out to the
debugger)
- Run sockpipe on the debugger system to allow the guest to connect (via a QEMU
emulated COM port) over a local pipe
- In the guest:
  o bcdedit /copy {current} /d "Debugger Enabled"
  o bcdedit /debug {UUID} on
  o bcdedit /set {UUID} testsigning on
  o bcdedit /set {UUID} recoveryenabled off
Also tried:
  o bcdedit /set {UUID} loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECK

On OpenXT platform, setup QEMU to connect to sockpipe on the debug system:
- xec-vm -n win10 set extra-xenvm "serial=tcp:192.168.2.60:7204,nodelay"

When I start the guest, QEMU creates the virtual com port and connects to
sockpipe. Then the Win10 starts in the VM and attempts to connect, but it just
halts after Windbg issues a reset (which is normal).

I have tested the serial comms.and it works fine. I have also tried Win10
32-bit.did not work. I tried Win7 and Win8 targets .they work fine in the same
environment.

So my questions;
1. Is there any problem using Windbg (version 10.0.10240.9) with Windows 10 as
a target? Did the protocol change and the latest Windbg is not compatible?
2. Are there any settings I missed in the bcdedit settings?
3. Any other things to try?

Thanks,
Steve

Steve Meisner