Re: [win-pv-devel] New windows pv drivers question

I think that's sensible. Debug builds include trace debug prints, ASSERTs and
turn off most function inlining, so analysing a stack trace is much easier.

> debug build decrease performance?

Yes. The lower level of optimization and the inclusion of ASSERTs and tracing
are detrimental to performance.

> the debug build informations will be showed in qemu logs, in other logs
> and/or with particular tools/methods?

Use windbg for debugging. It's not too hard to set up. If the xenproject blog
system ever comes back, I'll write an article about setting it up. If you just
want to look at trace statements though, a debug build sends them to io port
0xe9, which is echoed to Xen's console. So just set guest_loglvl to all and you
should see them.

> I'll probably upload a pv driver build I did and I'll do for anyone want
> start to do fast tests with them before the official build will be
> ready, is ok?

Yes. Feel free to do that if you wish. I do have infrastructure for doing
public builds set up; I just have nowehere to host the build output as yet. I
expect to have something soon.

  Paul