Re: [win-pv-devel] New windows pv drivers question

[snip]

> Thanks for your reply.
> Soon as I finish downloading everything needed I'll try to do a build.
> I have other 2 questions:
>
> I saw that the xen's repositories are forked by xenserver's github ones
> but the changes after are merged in both, will remain different
> projects? One project compatible for all cases I think will be better
> quality and less waste of time.

Hi Fabio,

  The Xen Project repositories are indeed forked from the XenServer github
repositories. The plan is that XenServer will move over to using the new Xen
Project codebase sometime in the next few months. There are some patches which
will need to be forward ported first, and there are some toolstack
compatibility corner-cases which need to be worked out.

> About repositories missed now in xen there is win-xenguestagent that
> contain some features very useful, in particolar shutdown (already
> present in gplpv I use in production now) and resetting system time
> following resume-from-suspend and migration (now missed in gplpv but
> will solves login problem after restore in domUs that are in windows
> domain). Will be adapted for xen also that?

It's already done :-) That functionality was split out of the (.NET based)
XenServer guest agent and put into a new 'Lite' agent which is part of the
XenIface driver package. So, if you grab the xeniface.git repo, build and
install it then you should have clean shutdown/reboot and time-sync
functionality.

> Thanks for any reply.

No problem.

Cheers,